RAPIDS SHOWS IN THIS SUMMER CANCELLED!
Due to COVID-19 pandemic all Rapids shows in May-August are cancelled. Decisions about September will be made in August.
THE RAPIDS SHOW IS AN UNFORGETTABLE MOMENT
Rapids Shows 2020
- Wed 1 Jan at 2 pm (music by Jean Sibelius, Karelia-suite, Alla marcia)
- Fri 1 May at 6 pm - CANCELLED
- Sat 23 May at 6 pm - CANCELLED
- Sat 6 June at 6 pm - CANCELLED
- Sat 13 June at 6 pm - CANCELLED
- Sat 20 June at 6 pm - CANCELLED
- 24 June – 23 August Wed-Sun at 6 pm CANCELLED
- Sat 29 August at 6 pm - CANCELLED
- Sat 5 September at 6 pm
- Sat 12 September at 6 pm
- Sat 19 September at 6 pm
- Sat 26 September at 6 pm
- Sun 6 December at 5 pm
The Rapids Show lasts approx. 16 minutes. Eight minutes after the flood gates are opened, the foams reach their peak with an average of 400 cubic metres of water per second flowing in the stream. 24 June - 23 August the surge of the rapids will be accompanied by music of Jean Sibelius.
The best places to watch the Rapids Shows are Koskisilta Bridge and Koskipuisto Park.